Topic

Good SilNylon tent mod/repair shop/person?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Good SilNylon tent mod/repair shop/person?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

My wife and I may want to make a mod to a SilNylon tent (an extended fly) – can anyone recommend a person/shop with good SilNylon sewing skills?

Sean Walashek

@caraz

Locale: bay area

They may have a long lead time on stuff but all I hear about them is glowing reviews. They are one of the only shops I know of that the big guns will allow to repair on warranty.

EDIT Personal experience, I have not had dealings with them and silnylon

Richard Lyon
    BPL Member

@richardglyon

Locale: Bridger Mountains

You can find them at http://www.rainypass.com They are my go-to guys (and girls) for any kind of repairs or customizing. That has included some work on silnylon as well as various W/B fabrics. Don't know if they will do custom sewing but it's worth a phone call. They are up front about lead times. Stephenson's of New Hampshire (www.warmlite.com) might be able to help as well. I know they sell some of the great silnylon they use in their tents.

Jim MacDiarmid
    BPL Member

@jrmacd

In response to a similar question in the past, Denis Hazelwood recommended Naraayens in the SF Bay Area. They get good yelp reviews as well.

Richard Gless
    BPL Member

@rgless

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I was looking for someone to do a similar project for me a couple of years ago. Naraayen's in Berkeley does nice work and has done a couple of tent repairs for me in the past. At that time they didn't routinely have silnylon in stock and their material and labor prices were too high to make a fly project worthwhile. I finally contacted Tim Marshall who posts on BPL and does take on some custom projects. Tim did a custom tent fly for me that I was very happy with. You might look him up in the forums and PM him to see if he'd be interested.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

yeah, i'll do it.

-Tim

*SORRY I NEVER LOOK AT DATES IN TIME*

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools