Topic

Tarptent Double Rainbow and Squall 2 comparison

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tarptent Double Rainbow and Squall 2 comparison

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

I've recently bought Henry's Squall 2, and have gotten to use it a few times. Its my first shelter of the tarp-ish design (versus traditional dome 2-walled tents) and its a very cool shelter. I *finally* got my girlfriend to become interested in getting a tarptent (she was reluctant because we already have a few tents–and I realize some of you have a dozen!!) and she wants to get the double rainbow to try it out.

So, I realize they are very different shelters in many respects, but I'm just looking for your personal experiences/opinions on comparing these two shelters, especially regarding functionality, storm protection, and condensation. Thanks!

P.S. Are there zippers on the newer DR?

Sharon Bingham
    BPL Member

@cowboisgirl-2

Locale: Southwest

This is discussed pretty well in the thread below. Except they compare the DR to the Cloudburst and not the Squall, but the information will still be quite relevant:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=19509

Hope this is helpful! :)

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Thanks Sharon, it was helpful since I would consider the CB and the Squall of the same bloodline. They are more similar to each other than either of them to the DR.

The validity, quality, and practicality of a product really shines when it has me coming back for more, even though I don't NEED more. Thats a testament to Henry's products. In a perfect world, I'd own a Sublite Sil, Contrail, Squall 2, and the DR, just to have fun using different setups!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools