Topic

Hennessy Hammock Light Racer

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Hennessy Hammock Light Racer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Browne
    BPL Member

@andrew_browne

Locale: Mornington Peninsula AUSTRALIA

Ron at Mountain Laural custom made my tarp from .97 Spinntex Pro (dimensions 7′ on all sides, 10.5′ long & 8.75 on the cross diagonal with a caternary cut) weighing 6oz, 1 1/4oz lighter than that supplied with my HH Light Racer Assym.
    Although this tarp appears only marginally bigger than the assym tarp supplied with the HH, it provided much better coverage from rain in windy conditions recently experienced in SW Tasmania Australia. During 4 days of continuous rain and gale force winds I had no ingress of rain.
    The tarp is very light but is also very tough. I had to camp in close proximity to bushes and schrubs, some of which rubbed against the tarp, with no adverse effects.
    A photo of one of my campsites with the tarp will appear on the Mountain Laurel website in the near future.
    In my setup of the hammock, I modified the HH setup of the tarp, finding a much more satisfactory set by setting the tarp from the tree huggers rather from the HH point of attachment closer to the actual ends of the hammock.
    For my guy lines (tarp tie outs) I used elasticised line (shock cords) rather than minimal stretch lines.
    Even though I ditched my HH tarp, I would not think of not using anything other than the Hennessey Hammock. The HH is just so comfortable…at 53 you need to be comfortable even when trekking….I have no…I repeat no …back pain when I use my HH compared to my expensive bed at home.
    Also in regard to HH…yes with snakeskins and time you can definitely better their setup time of 3 minutes
    Thanks HH and ML

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools