Topic

2009 trail conditons grand canyon

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips 2009 trail conditons grand canyon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dylan Taylor

@nevadas

Locale: California Coast

We are doing a rim to rim to rim trip at the end of this month (last weekend of march). We will be going via the kaibab trail and exiting the bright angel trail.

does anyone have current information on the trail conditions on the north kaibab? is it going to be doable?

Chad Mason
    Spectator

@porch13

Locale: Arizona

I'll be up there next weekend for a dayhike down to the river. I'm expecting ice on the upper sections of the trails. Nothing that instep crampons and trekking poles can't handle. I'll post when I get back with the actual conditions.

Dylan Taylor

@nevadas

Locale: California Coast

small group of BPL'ers doing it this weekend. want to know what to expect on the north side (cottonwood to north rim via kaibab trail). is it going to be possible with trail runners and short gaiters? will it be necessary to bring microspikes?

Dave T

@davet

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools