Topic

Torn between two packs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Torn between two packs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Scott Layton
    BPL Member

@swlayton

G4 or SMD Starlite……
    G4 is on sale for a great price, 1/2 the price of the Starlite. Similar capacity. The Starlite is slghtly heavier, but both packs are lighter than the 3 lb 3 oz pack I'm using now…. What are your thoughts, experiences, advice?

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I bought my son the G4, because I could afford it.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Scott:

If you have narrowed down to the final two — why not just order them both? Considering the relatively high price and how critical it is to have a pack that fits you — your only risk is merely the shipping cost — which is really nothing by comparison.

Just to drive home the point — while both packs have LEGIONS of enthusiastic fans — I found that neither felt comfortable to me. But I wouldn't have known if I hadn't actually tried them, right?

joe w

@sandalot

nm

Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

I have a G4 and it has proven to be a great pack; however, I find it to be a bit large for two or three-day trips. For that the Whisper is more appropriate given my gear kit. So if your kit is bulky so as to fill it out, then the G4 will probably work for you, since a frameless pack carries best when fully loaded.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools