Topic

Montbell Peak Shell

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Montbell Peak Shell

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Miles Barger
    BPL Member

@milesbarger

Locale: West Virginia

I was a guide in Denali NP during the summer of 2008. It rained almost every day for all of July and the first week of August this year, and I was out in it all day, every day.

My MontBell Peak Shell jacket has performed exceptionally well. It's light at ~11oz. The fabric breathes very well—it's not eVent, but it's the closest I've found. The features are very good: high hand-warmer pockets, long pit zips, stretch velcro cuffs, a drawstring hem, and a full-featured hood. The water resistance is very good; I haven't wet it out yet. I've also been surprised at the durability; regular bushwhacking through nice'n'thick alders and willows hasn't made a dent. The fit is good for me—I'm long-limbed but short-waisted. Lastly, the price is reasonable at $200 MSRP, significantly less if you catch a sale.

Highly recommended.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools