Topic

Shaved Chocolate & Wild Berry Crepes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Shaved Chocolate & Wild Berry Crepes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

On rare occasions I will cook something fancy in the backcountry, but it has to be cool. So, I waffle between meals of say, crushed pringles & nut butter, and trout almondine.

So FF to this morning, Christmas. The day of foods.

We have this neat crepe recipe, that's really easy, and they make up well in the Evernew Ti fry pan. Add the crepe mix, flip it, shave a few thin pieces of cream cheese and BPL Chocolate, cook these til they melt, then add a few wild huckleberries, roll, and eat.

This was our breakfast this morning and … oh man …!

Merry Christmas!

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

Those crepes sound yummy. We take leftover crepes and cut them into strips (like pasta). Then saute in some butter and brown sugar. Then I add a good shot of rum and flambe. It's wickedly decadent.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools