Topic

Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus 08

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus 08

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Egelhoff

@kegelhoff

Locale: Southern Cal

I have used several GG packs in the past and this new pack is the BEST I have ever used !!! I think I own close to 5 packs and this is my new favorite go-to pack of all time. Grant sent me the new aluminum curved stays with this pack and the fit and comfort were awesome! This pack is only recommend to carry loads up to 30 lbs. and I was carrying close to 32 pounds for 9 straight days and had a large bear canister to boot. (I was the sherpa that didn't get to lighten my bear canister of food until the last two days!) Even climed half dome with the pack on while everone else dropped their packs after doing 20 miles prior to hitting the dome.
    I loved all the great features and thought the pack was really easy to load quickly. Seems like everyone else had slightly larger packs but I was the first one ready to hit the trail every morning. No sign of ANY wear by day nine. I just can't say enough about the comfort of the GG packs. Maybe they just fit my body better then the others .. not sure, but this one is a winner!

Rick Cheehy

@kilgoretrout2317

Locale: Virginia

Slipping into this pack on is like donning your crocs after a big mile day. AHHH. I'm 6'1 175# I have the large size plus with the 34 inch hip belt. I use the foam inserts instead of stuffing spare clothes into the straps (it's a cool option none the less) and I use a night lite pad for the frame sheet. I just got the pack this summer and we're already good buddies. The comfort is amazing, it carried 18#'s like nothing, loading is a piece of cake because the main compartment is huge, and the outside mesh pockets are so well placed they feel custom. Customer service is five star hotel good and my pack showed up in a flash.It needs to be treated gently and I cannot comment on long term durability but it's a nice sewing job. All in all if you're on the fence about a GG product get off the fence and get on the bus.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools