Topic

Inov8 Roclite 295

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Inov8 Roclite 295

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

These are my first pair of Inov8's and I am sold. As others have said they do require some time to get used to but once you have they are amazingly comfortable. Being able to actually feel objects in the trail below your feet really gives you the ability to move with instead of over terrain. In the past I used different forms of Montrails and kept twisting my ankle. Since switching to the Inov8's my legs have become much stronger and I have had no problems with sprains. It is a great feeling to have your lower legs fully activated and moving with the trail. With their low weight, additional stability and amazing grip I find that steep terrain that would normally slow me down has become less of a problem. Now if they could just get their sticky rubber soles to last longer.

Terry G
    BPL Member

@delvxe

Locale: Pacific Northwest

It took a long time to find a pair of trail runners that performed and fit well; I am happy to have found the Inov-8 Roclite 295s. This is my first pair of trail runners and the transition from traditional boots went smoothly. I had already pared down on pack weight, so I was ready for this.

I tried to like the terroc 330s but they were a little high and rubbed against my ankle. I have read that others had this problem as well. This is not an issue with the 295s; they seem to be cut slightly lower. They have a wide toe box.

The 295s are very grippy and have greatly exceeded expectations on slick rock; I haven’t been able to safely push past their limits in terms of grip. The sole even makes a sticky sound on hard, smooth surfaces. I wouldn’t expect to get an epic amount of miles from these soft soles, but they sure are sticky.

Workmanship seems to be top notch and they breath like crazy. I haven’t taken the opportunity to douse my feet in an effort to test how fast they dry, but based on how well they breath, I don’t think you could do better.

S Long
    BPL Member

@izeloz

Locale: Wasatch

I just got back from a week in Yosemite and I am sold on these shoes. I did Cathedral Peak, Royal Arches, and Half Dome and used these shoes on the approach for each. Snow, mud, hard packed trail, granite slabs, these shoes excelled at all the terrain I threw at them. I carried loads up to thirty pounds (climbing gear) in them with no issues. I had concerns about them holding up on scree slopes and some of the more technical approaches but they seem to be top-notch on durability. Super light, durable, and awesome sticky rubber make these shoes keepers. They don't climb quite as well as my Five.Ten Guides but they are SO much more comfy for long approaches. The only downside is that I don't see the sticky rubber lasting all that long, but that's the price you pay for what these shoes can do.

David Vo

@sygyzy

Wore these out for the first time on a weekend camping trip. We didn't a long hike or anything but I did go up and down a steep hill to unload gear. They are incredibly lightweight; you don't really realize how heavy shoes are until you put these on. They have great ventilation with a minimalist upper, while having great toebox and sole protection. The rubber is grippy and solid but with a little bit of give so there's less impact on your joints. At the ~$100 I paid, I can't recommend them enough. If you can get them less, it's a no brainer.

Make sure you pay attention to sizing. I sized up from my normal Men's US9 to a 9.5 and I am glad I did. The extra half size gave my toes room to wiggle and it allows me to wear thicker wool socks.

Adrian MITCHELL
    Spectator

@adie-mitchell

Locale: Northwest Mass

Most of what I have to say has been said.

I have had these a year now.

Great grip, supremely comfy.

Adie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools