Topic

Trail Designs Customer Service

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Trail Designs Customer Service

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Patrick Young
    BPL Member

@lightingboy

Locale: Midwest

Russ thanks for all the help on my MSR 1.5L/1L Caldera Ti Tri. These guys are willing to listen to your ideas, give you input, test the design and keep you in touch with emails and photos. It has been a real pleasure interacting with these guys. Took a little over a week from concept to delivery.

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

I can't believe no one else has reviewed this company's service. They are so accomodating, so forward thinking and so revolutionary that I would vote for them as Best Cottage Company in the UL gear category. Their partnership with AntiGravity Gear makes the two comapnies shine in terms of customer service.

Thanks Russ, Rand and George

Paul Davis
    Spectator

@pdavis

Locale: Yukon, 60N 135W

All: The cones do seem a great design, and I am after Tri-ti one to fit my Snow-Peak Ti Solo pot. However, I have not been able to raise the Trail Designs people at [email protected] twice now over two months.

Does anybody have a phone number for them—I've had no luck finding that on the internet.

Again, looks like great kit!

Maybe they are off hiking!

Nov. 25, 2008

They got back to me overnight, so it may have been an e-mail problem. So I guess the moral here is to always send multiple copies of emails to get around e-mail system unreliability!

All the best,
    Paul Davis

Dec. 1, 2008
    After some great e-mail dialogue, Rand and the TD people went so far as to try out a Tri-Ti cone custom-built for my Snow Peak Ti Mini Solo pot—on 2 of slightly different sizes SPTiMS they use as sizing models, and have even reccommended a way to get the plastic carrying caddy to fit if my SPTiMS is larger than the 2 they have on hand.

So, well above and beyond what is the norm for service! Well done, Trail Designs!

Richard Matthews

@food

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Rand provides better customer service that we have a right to expect. The Caldera Cones are the most fuel efficient that I have used.

Doug Hus
    BPL Member

@doug-h

Locale: Ontario. Canada

Asked for an piece of heavy foil to make an extra lid for my new Sidewinder Ti-Tri / pot set-up and it was at my door in days.
    No charge.
    Most excellent service.
    Doug

Jeremy Platt
    BPL Member

@jeremy089786

Locale: Sydney

Excellent service: very fast to reply, happy to talk about modifications/ deals and makes a great product. Who could want more?

James Neal

@laien

Locale: Ozarks

I just received a Sidewinder with a Evernew .9 L pot, inferno, and floor. What a nice little kit. After a half a dozen emails with Rand, I decided on this set up. Rand was very helpful in helping me make this decision without being pushy. He responded to my emails quickly. And once I decided what I wanted, I have it in my hands in less than a week. That's great customer service. I highly recommend this company and it's products. Thanks, Rand.

Serge Giachetti
    Spectator

@sgiachetti

Locale: Boulder, CO

Rand was really helpful on two stove purchases. Answered all questions almost immediately and helped get a sidewinder made for me at a moment's notice for a trip. Couldn't as for better customer service.

S Long
    BPL Member

@izeloz

Locale: Wasatch

Rand is always helpful and knowledgeable about Trail Designs' products. I have always had good experiences with the company. Recently I bought a new Caldera setup and just got an email from Rand asking me if everything was cool and how I liked the product. Couldn't ask for better service than that. Two thumbs up.

Chase Norton

@micronorton

Exaggerating, but the quick response and friendly nature of Rand was a nice welcome after dealing with other non responsive cottage companies. Back-and-forth email communication occurred, putting the confidence in me I needed to make the 180 dollar purchase. At least in response time and attitude this company (Rand) gets a 5/5. A review on the products will occur when they arrive

Thomas Knight

@thomask702

Locale: Sothern Nevada

He answered all my questions about the Calderra Cone set up via email. he was very fast in responding, and helped me choose the system that was right for me. i will do business with them again soon!

xxx xxx

@aralanes

Can't say how impressed I am. Got a Sidewinder Ti-Tri specifically made for my pot (Snow Peak Cook'n'Save). They even had to buy one to get a model.

That is just an awesome service.

Thanks Trail Designs!

Will Buescher

@wbuescher4

Locale: New England

I have just had the terrific pleasure of working with Rand at Trail Designs to help me put together a stove and cook set. As a pretty new, green guy to backpacking and light gear, I have been reading a lot on these forums and other blogs about ways to go for a stove, fuel etc., and wanted to make a good choice for my level of experience and interest in getting out more. I contacted Trail Designs by email to ask a couple of questions regarding gear selection, and I could not have received better service, attention, and thoughtful discussion… yes, discussion: Rand personally emailed me and invited me to call and chat, which was incredibly helpful! I'm looking forward to the arrival of my new gear, and will definitely work with Trail Designs again in the future!

likes hikes
    BPL Member

@basquej88

Rand at Trail Designs is great to work with and makes a great product. I was having difficulty ordering one of their stove bundles due to a site issue, so Rand made me up a custom invoice and had the product to me within a few days. Great product and great service.

John Smith

@liquidprinter

Locale: Canada

Bundle of thanks for you help. I am really happy to visit your post.

Regards,
    Packaging Boxes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools