Topic

BPL Titanium Alloy UltraRods with Thermojet Stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews BPL Titanium Alloy UltraRods with Thermojet Stove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Brad Hoyt

@bdhoyt

So that others are not doomed to repeat history let me tell you of my experience with the BPL Titanium Alloy UltaRods as replacement struts for a Thermojet stove.

When I saw the rods I hoped that they could make the Thermojet system even lighter by replacing the 0.7 ounces from the two steel rods used to hold up the cooking pot. I cut the rods to the proper length and was excited when my kitchen scale weighed the two new rods in at less than 0.1 ounce. I inserted them into the wind shield, filled up the pot with water, and ignited the burner. At about 1 minute the heated rods collapsed from the weight of the pot of water.

Based on my experience, I would not consider making any kind of a pot stand out of this material. It simply flexes too much when hot.

I am sure that they will be valuable for something else (tent stakes, etc.)
    They are amazingly light to hold in your hand.

bdh

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools