Topic

Hilleberg Rajd

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Hilleberg Rajd

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Peter Atkinson
    BPL Member

@peterbob

Locale: Yorkshire, England

I managed to pick up a damaged Rajd (cheap!) in the States last year, and it's been in my cupboard until this weekend, sad to say.

I took the tent as we were running in a two day mountain marathon and needed something light and secure – the weather forecast was appalling. I'm pleased to say that the tent performed very well in very wet conditions, at times windy. Apart for the stability, which had needlessly worried me in advance, the tent was very roomy. A tour of the half way camp site meant there were a lot of tents to look at, mostly all heavier and all cramped compared to the Rajd. So space, weight and stability all score very high.

I have read that condensation is an issue with this tent, yet with 2 wet people, their wet gear and very wet conditions, condensation was fine – yes there was some but not much (i.e. not running down the tent at all). I'd like to see how the tent performs in colder wet weather, but all in all I am very happy with this product and will be using it again for events such as this. My only suggestion for improvement would be lighter poles and a slightly larger overhanging porch.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools