Topic

Yer favorite 3 season socks?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Yer favorite 3 season socks?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

This is a question that I'm sure will bring out the "Smartwool" afficiandos…but,

1.what 3 season hiking socks do you wear most often?
    AND
    2. if you wear thin sock liners are they polypro or polyester?

ME? I love ThorLo Hikers and thin polypro liners. The ThorLo Hikers seem to last forever and are very comfortable AND are made in the U.S. of A.

Eric

Martin Rye
    BPL Member

@rye1966

Locale: UK

X Sock hillwalking, love them. No liner and a pair Inov 8 = comfort all day. Best sock I’ve used. Tried Smartwool and to honest I hated them, Thorlo and Bridgdale where great, but the X Sock is best to date.

John Haley

@quoddy

Locale: New York/Vermont Border

Seems like this question is asked more often than most. I have used many but now only use Smartwool Adrenaline Ultra Light Mini Crew Socks. They last very well on thru hikes, keep me blister free, and are still good when wet… an area where a lot of socks fail.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Darn Tough Vermont. Still wearing a pair that I got over a year ago, no holes, hardly any wear. I would have worn through two of the Smartwool variety in half the time for sure.

Michael Schwartz
    BPL Member

@greenwalk

Locale: PA & Ireland

Ken, Which Darn Tough model do you use? And do you use them with trail runners? Mike

Paul Foreman

@fish3006

… Smartwool knockoffs.
    Wear 'em almost every day, even to work.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> Darn Tough Vermont. Still wearing a pair that I got over a year ago, no holes, hardly any wear. I would have worn through two of the Smartwool variety in half the time for sure.

Ditto.
    Got first pairs free in a BGT test. In fact, we like them so much I actually went and BOUGHT some more. That's real endorsement!

Ross Polete

@rdpolete

Locale: Midwest Plain State

I second Darn Tough.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Mike, I wear the Merino 1/4 sock cushion 1401 in cool weather and the Merino Wool 1/4 sock mesh 1493 in warmer. Always with trail runners. Just started wearing Inov-8 Terroc 330 and love that I can feel the breeze on my feet with the mesh socks.

Michael Schwartz
    BPL Member

@greenwalk

Locale: PA & Ireland

Ken, Thanks for that. Will pick up a pair to try out. –M

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools