Topic

BPL FireLite Firestarter

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews BPL FireLite Firestarter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

It is a great concept. I did not give it a 5 because a match or lighter is way easier to start a fire for me. It has taken me much practice to get it to work properly, but I use it regularly now. I tried the Mini version, but so far just can't get it to work consistently. I believe you should try the regular sized version before the Mini.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

I love this FireLite Mini. It's the only thing that I 100% trust to start a fire.

With a mini Bic you can run out of gas, be at too high of an altitude, get it wet or get it oily. Matches can fail or run out. I also have the Spark-lite sparker and it works well but it also fails if it's wet or oily (I've used it). I'd had it let me down once when I accidentially used it with slightly oily hands which then got on the flint and stopped it from sparking.

The FireLite Mini always works. You dunk it in oil or water and get it sparking again in just a few strokes. Sometimes I carry a mini Bic too because it's a bit easier to use, but I always carry the FireLite Mini because it's the only thing I totally trust.

This is a great piece of kit for 0.5oz. Mine is actually a bit lighter because I replaced the cord with lighter stuff and saved a gram.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools