Topic

Six Moon Designs Serenity NetTent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Six Moon Designs Serenity NetTent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet

This is an initial review based on setting up the shelter in my backyard. The Serenity NetTent is a fully enclosed bug shelter with integrated floor designed for use with the gatewood cape, or as a stand alone shelter. Though I have not tried it, it appears like it would work under a flat tarp set up as a lean to, pyramid, and maybe some other pitches. The construction and sewing appear to be excellent.

After setting up my gatewood cape using 6 inch guylines (not staked to the ground), the net tent takes less than a minute to set up. Just clip the top to the gatewood cape harness (the harness should be sent to six moon designs so they can add a small d ring to the harness for hanging the NetTent), and attach the bungees on the corners of the floor to the 4 corner stakes of the cape. I was pleasantly surprised, since it was not evident from the website, that there are two additional small bungies at the head and foot end of the NetTent that can be attached to the inner snaps of the gatewood cape to add more room at the head and foot ends of the NetTent. I recommend tieing out with a guyline the head end snap (externally) using a trekking pole or stick. This will give more headroom. Entry is via a double zipper.

Inside the NetTent, there is plenty of room to lay down and sit up, and a little bit of storage space for a few items. Most items, however will have to be stored in the vestibule.

It appears like the Serenity NetTent provides a perfect solution to using the gatewood cape in buggy conditions, and should be much more comfortable than other solutions. Additionally, it should provide a little bit of warmth and wind protection, which is a plus since I'm sure most users will not use the cape with a bivy sack. I'll give it a 5 out of 5 since it looks like it will get the job done and allow refuge from bugs with a level of comfort that a headnet or smaller bug enclosure just won't allow.

Steven McAllister
    BPL Member

@brooklynkayak

Locale: Arizona, US

Although most people use this combined with the Gatewood Cape, I have used it many times under an Oware Alphamid and I'm sure it would work great under many other pyramid shelters.
    It is lighter than other pyramid bug nets, but may be too small for tall people. I almost max it out at 5'11".

It is also a good bug net for cowboy camping in buggy environments or AT type shelters not only for bugs, but to keep the mice off.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools