Topic

Simblissity Levagaiter

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Simblissity Levagaiter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Stuart Burke

@burkest

Locale: Collegiate Peaks Wilderness

I love these gaiters. I wear them every time I go hiking. They breathe well, dry fast, keep debris out of my shoes and stay in place. When I first used the gaiters it took a few tries to get the fit right but after I re-read the directions I had no problems. I have used them in deep snow and would agree with the manufacture that an underfoot lanyard is necessary to keep the heel of the gaiter from riding up. In all other conditions I have found a lanyard unnecessary to keep the gaiter in place.

I have a few suggestions that would make this product even better. I would like to see a smaller size available. My wife wears a woman size 6 shoe and the gaiter is too long to fit her shoes. I also have noticed that snow balls up on the webbing on the bottom hem of the gaiter. It would be great if the manufacturer could find webbing with a smooth surface that did not collect snow and maintained all the functionality of the original. (The snow thing is a minor issue but it would be an improvement if it could be fixed.) If spandura is available in a lighter color like khaki or white I would like to see Levagaiters made out of them for warm climates

Adam Frizzell
    BPL Member

@adamf

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

I wear my LevaGaiters on every 3 season trip I take now. They are so easy to use and do exactly what they are supposed to: keep crud out of your shoes. My pair in size large weigh 1.9 oz.
    I'm sticking with these. Good stuff!

Daniel Maher
    Spectator

@dfmaher99

Locale: SoCal

On trail they are fine, but as soon as I start climbing off-trail the gaiter rides up the heel. Any tips?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools