Topic

zpacks Company

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews zpacks Company

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    TJ W
    BPL Member

@thadjw

Joe even emailed a quick note from his NZ trip when I CC'ed him on my last order. They threw in an extra since I bought a bunch of gear. Really appreciated and a great outfit.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Well Z Packs continues to live up to their stellar reputation. I ordered a Hexamid Twin a few weeks ago. The posted delivery times were 5-7 weeks on their website. I suspected that spring is a hectic time of the year for them so when they asked if I needed it in a hurry, I told them that standard delivery was fine. A couple weeks later I had an opportunity to go backpacking in the North Cascades NP. I sent Z Packs an email asking if there was any way I could have the shelter before my trip even though we agreed for a delivery date two weeks later. They were more than willing to deliver the Hexamid Twin early. Very professional company and very responsive answering emails. Keep up the good work guys!

Marc Eldridge
    BPL Member

@meld

Locale: The here and now.

I had a seam on a pack start to show signs of stress. I emailed Joe with the problem and he responded right away with a method for fixing it. I mailed the pack on 6/3/13 electing to have Joe do the fix. I got the pack back yesterday, 6/10/13, with the fix in place and at no charge, not even the shipping. Outstanding customer service

Daniel Collins
    BPL Member

@diablo-v

Locale: Orlando FL

I just placed an order for various pouches from Z packs and followed the order with an email requesting color choices for some of the items. I got a reply right away on the colors, and I got it shipped to me overnight for free, 2 days total from order placement to items in hand.
    It doesn't get any better than that.

Andrew F

@andrew-f

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I had the same experience as everyone else here. Joe got me a customized piece of gear on time and was very responsive to my questions and requests. Can't do much better than that.

David Williams

@ddwbeagles

Locale: Stephens City, VA

Here is another A+ for Zpacks. I initially sent an inquiry to Joe, who provided some excellent advice that led to my purchase of a Hex' Twin model. The day after I ordered it, I get a follow up message from Matt, thanking me and asking about my delivery expectations. What a rare treat to deal with a company and individuals like this. I've ordered from them before and love all their stuff, but I think this was the icing on the cake. They will be my first stop for future purchases. Well done Zpacks!!!!

Update: Just received shipment four work days after placing order for a custom (0.74 cf) order. Amazing quality. Joe and Matt have their acts together! Thanks Zpacks!!!

David Moreno
    BPL Member

@nerrek2000

Locale: New England

I need to start off by stating that my first purchase from zpacks went off without a hitch. Items were as described and in new and serviceable condition. E-mails were fairly fast response (1 -2 days). Shipping was also prompt. These items were all regular stock items.

My second experience with zpacks was a custom order which they say they'll do.

I e-mailed the specs for an ultra-sil stuff sack (cylindrical shape instead of their normal boxed shape) to them and was sent back an e-mail that said they could do my custom order and was given a higher custom item price for it's making.

When I ordered the item, I included the e-mail info that had been exchanged in the custom / special instructions area of the order form.

What I received was a stock (box style) stuff sack that wasn't even the right dimensions. It was a stock item from the website.

Remember, I was charged extra for this item because of the custom parameters I was requesting.

I fired off an e-mail complaining about the item not being even close to what I'd paid extra for and never received a response back, a refund, a partial refund, etc… Nothing.

I was rightly angered by this and sent an other e-mail threatening to take my business elsewhere in the future if they didn't correctly honor the terms of the sale.

Again, no response. I should add that they had no listing on the website that stated that they would be gone during this timeframe. (EX: Joe and Matt will be in Scotland hiking The Great Outdoor Challenge May 7th through May 25th. Our crew will be hard at work building and shipping your orders, but please expect very limited customer service during those dates. Thank you for your patience -ZPacks) as it lists on their website as I'm writing this.

It was at that point that I decided that I would never do business with them again.

Please understand that I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful, just listing my experiences with the company.

Edit: I should add that this order was about 2 years ago.

Bas Hommes

@bhommes

Locale: Europe

I did a fairly complex order and also changed it later. All was handled very well and quickly. It was delivered at the time promised. I live in Europe and it was carefully sent in such a way that my payment for customs was not too much. Contents was complete and a first check did not show any errors. Weights are as promised. I can not find a reason not to give rating 5.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My pack suffered a minor injury recently requiring repair and I wanted the job done by the manufacturer. I sent it in accordance with Zpack’s instructions on late Monday afternoon from California via USPS. The Arc Blast returned to Costa Mesa on Friday afternoon all the way from Palm Bay, Florida. It must have been pulled from the box within minutes of delivery, repaired and sent back that same day. Additionally, one of the mesh side-pockets had been chewed up by critters seeking the food wrapper left carelessly and was not part of the repair request but Zpacks replaced it without even mention. All of this without cost to me. Even though this company has been hailed here many times for it’s superb customer service, it would be robbery not to publicize and give credit to Zpacks for receipt of the best a company can do to satisfy and please it’s customers.

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools