Topic

zpacks Company

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews zpacks Company

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Richard Matthews

@food

Locale: Colorado Rockies

I have purchased packs and pouches and had Joe do some custom sewing. The quality is excellent and the delivery time is great.

I mailed him a G4 for some modifications and received it back in 8 days.

. .
    BPL Member

@biointegra

Locale: Puget Sound

I really appreciate the attention to detail in both product and customer service that Joe set's forth. I also really respect his commitment to the reason his gear is created, even to the point of meriting a closure of the store down for half a year to go hiking. Nice work – you've earned it.

I squeezed in a couple of last minute orders and he handles custom work with amazing skill and joviality.

John Brochu

@johnnybgood4

Locale: New Hampshire

I first bought a Blast 18 which is now my go to pack for extended weekend trips.

Since then, Joe has made me a custom cuben fiber cat tarp, a custom cuben fiber rain skirt, and a custom stake bag. (Now avialable to order on his site.)

I also own a bunch of his stuff sacks.

I think his prices are really reasonable when compared to the competition, and his quality and customer service are top notch.

Adam Frizzell
    BPL Member

@adamf

Locale: Mid-Atlantic

I've only done a little business with Joe at Zpacks so far, but I've been impressed. My small orders (cuben stuff sacks, etc.) shipped out the next day. Joe also was quick to respond to emails I had out to him here and there, either about my order or just other plans he's got in the works. Always very responsive and helpful.

Juston Taul

@junction

Locale: Atlanta, GA

I recently ordered a custom pack cover from Joe. The customer service was top notch. He responded to all e-mails quicky. He took the time to actually read my e-mails and answer all of my questions. The product arrived within 2 days of ordering it. The product is well made. The stitching was superb. The price? Lower than expected. I'll be coming back for future purchases. Still waiting on that black cuben pack cover Joe. Let me know. :D

Patrick Mullen
    BPL Member

@pdmullen

Locale: Northwest USA

I ordered a blast 26 from Joe back in January and he provided excellent customer service, exceeding my expectations in spite of a huge influx of orders in 2010. The pack was delivered when promised and I received it in two days after it was shipped.

I experienced a failure in the pocket drain eyelet due to an anomaly (the pack is extremely well built). Joe responded quickly to my email, asked me to send it back, turned the repair around in a day, and had in back in my eager hands in less than a week. In addition, he refunded the shipping $ that I spent to ship it to him across the country.

Joe provides quality gear and fully stands behind his product! I won't hesitate to order from him again!

Sunny Waller
    BPL Member

@dancer

Locale: Southeast USA

I ordered some small stuff from ZPacks. The post office lost it and kept referring me to different people who just kept saying "yes..it's lost". I called Joe to make him aware and he immediatly replaced my items and mailed them the same day. The quality is excellent. The website is great..you have a detailed explaination of how long you have to wait on the more popular items. Joe even thanks you for your patience and your business. I got up at 3am on June 1st to place my order for a Hexamid Twin… I cannot wait to get it…WooHoo christmas in July

johannes Eichstaedt
    BPL Member

@nonbeing

The customer service is excellent and Joe's turn-around times are the best they come. He's terribly helpful.

The fact that the website is carefully updated with periods of unavailability (hiking, marriage) is very much appreciated.

Jeremy Platt
    BPL Member

@jeremy089786

Locale: Sydney

This one is short and sweet but Joe is a pleasure to deal with. He replied quickly to my emails, got my order in on time and is happy to discuss idea. I would highly recommend zpacks to everyone.

jason grosser

@turbolover

Locale: ventura california

I am in the process of buying my second pack from Joe. Needless to say I have found Joe to be prompt, courteous, and an absoulute pleasure to do buisness with. His products are the very best quality and cutting edge.Thanks Joe. Enjoy, jason

Andy Duncan
    BPL Member

@bluewater

Locale: SoCal

I ordered a Hexamid Tent on Sept. 1st and received it on the extact day Joe said it would mailed out. When I added some accessories to the order at the last minute he sent them without charging for the second delivery. Joe has always responded to my email questions within the same day or early the next morning. It is refreshing to have such a thoroughly positive experience. I just ordered a Zero, cuben tarp and other accessories and received a confirmation email the same day. I would highly recommend Zpacks. Thanks Joe!!

jeff pfeffer

@kaala

As a professional photographer and camera water housing builder I do a fair bit of online business with companies small and large and I have to say Joe has the best customer service I have encountered in any industry.

Despite the fact that I was a new customer he responded to my emails rapidly, despite the fact that he was just back and very busy and it was "short notice" on my part he got me the gear I needed by the date I needed it.

As for the gear, I couldn't be happier. Fit of the pack is great, design of the tent works very well, all products exactly as described and well made. Weights are exactly as advertised and light as can be. Dream gear for someone like me.

I will be doing more business with zpacks for sure.

Nothing but good things to say about Joe and Zpacks.

Andy Schill

@aschill

I've ordered a few small orders from Joe, mainly cuben sacks and other small items. Joe was always very responsive and quick with my order, great to do business with, great service!

Roleigh Martin
    BPL Member

@marti124

Locale: Founder & Lead Moderator, https://www.facebook.com/groups/SierraNorthPCThikers

I have bought many items from Zpacks, including some new items he started carrying as a result of my orders, such as the large size pack cover; the 1000 cu inch zero pack; and he provided a customized Hexamid Duo for me (I asked for a #5 zipper instead of the ordinary #3 zipper); plus many stuff sacks. In all cases, Joe was very attentive and really came through with what I wanted. I am very happy with these items.

Paul Stevenson

@kamusbagus

Locale: Australia

I ordered a hexamid for a recent trip.
    Joe was able to get the tent to me at fairly short notice and was really easy to deal with.

S Long
    BPL Member

@izeloz

Locale: Wasatch

I was in a bind with an unfortunate accident having happened to my net tent that went with my MLD Duomid. I needed a bug shelter and Joe was super accommodating and willing to help me out by pushing an order through ahead of schedule. I have had nothing but good experiences with Joe and his company. 10 out of 5 stars!

Robin McKay
    Spectator

@rlmckay

Locale: Wanaka NZ

I ordered the Hexamid and asked Joe to customise an extended beak – This customisation is now a standard option! Joe was soooooo helpful with this design change. great communication.
    I have returned to order the HexiNet.
    I might also add the workmanship is A1

surf1div1
    BPL Member

@surf1div1

Locale: Southern California

What can I say? A happy customer is a returning custmer…even within one a few months. I had ordered previously from another company a tent that was based on several recommendations here appeared to be good. It was not to be- the order, subsequent product defect and the return consistently crap. Ordered from Joe a new tent, and backpack and what a difference. No defect and exceptional service. So good that I've ordered more products and I couldn't be happier. I could jump on the highest peak and SHOUT what a great company but from the looks of things it certainly appears that I would have to get in line. Thanks Joe for showing me that their are great companies out there. Great company and exceptional follow through on ordering and any questions.

Anthony Weston
    BPL Member

@anthonyweston

Locale: Southern CA

Joe, goes out of his way to give you the best service. My pack had shoulder straps that were too tight and Joe fixed them for me at no charge. Top knotch service.

Tom Espen Pedersen
    BPL Member

@tomespen

Locale: Scandinavian

Joe has lived up to the reviews posted here.
    All emails have been replied to faster than expected, he's been very helpful when I requested modifications on items and for additions to my order.

My order was shipped sooner than estimated.

This was my frist, but most likely not last, purchase from zpacks.
    Solid recommendation from me!

Stephen Burgess
    Spectator

@williswall

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I have ordered a number of items from Joe, including a custom 3/4 length bivy bag and a modified chest pack for use as a camera bag. Quality is top notch, he responds quickly to my emails, and he doesn't seem put off by dealing with small details required in custom work. Repeat customer over the past 2 years.

Jace Mullen

@climberslacker

Locale: Your guess is as good as mine.

While I only ordered stuff sacks from Joe, he was still willing to talk with me about what would work best for me.

Great Guy, I hope to buy a pack from him eventually!

Kenneth Houseal
    BPL Member

@homewardbound

I've ordered several stuff sacks, some cuben tape, cloudkilt and other accesories. Joe is quick to ship, quick to reply, and open to ideas.

Order with confidence.

Jonathan Rozes

@jrozes

Locale: Pacific Wonderland

Noticed on day one of a recent trip that a new CF stuff sack had a small tear despite not being overstuffed, not crammed into my pack, nothing hard/sharp inside, etc.

I emailed ZPacks on Friday explaining the problem. On Monday, I received a replacement sack.

Chris Freer
    Spectator

@silva_fox

Locale: New Zealand

I have just received my sleeping bag from Zpacks. The communication from Matt was always prompt and great advice on some changes I made to my order. I'm very pleased with the bag – well made and very good product.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools