Topic

Backpacking Light FeatherLite Vapor Mitts

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Backpacking Light FeatherLite Vapor Mitts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sven Klingemann
    Spectator

@svenklingemann

I have used the Mitts on several trips now in temperatures ranging from -10F to about 35F, with and without Possum Down liners and despite multiple attempts from my girlfriend to steal them from me (her hands are always cold). In addition to ve extremely lightweight the design is great, especially the gauntlet hem elastic drawcord and the grosgrain ribbon wrist closure to reduce/eliminate drafts. The surface is grippy indeed but mitts have their inherent limitations when gripping hiking poles.
    These mitts will keep you toasty!! I would personally NOT wear them when hiking in temps above 15-20F (I wear the possum down liners instead). They are great for very cold conditions, to warm up your hands during breaks and at camp.
    Overall, they deliver what they promised to. Expensive yes – but the best cold weather mitts out there.

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

Please note: I am reviewing the 2005 version of this glove. I found the basic design/shape of this glove to be good (I like the gauntlet style), but the insulation was a joke. Extremely flat, low lofting and not warm. Also, at least in the 2005 version, the lining was just plain old silnylon which was not warm to touch with bare hands. I really wished I'd gone with some down mitts instead. For the price I expected a lot more…my partner found a pair of non-name brand WPB mitts with taped seams and nice warm liner that weighed the same…and only cost $20. Boy was I jealous!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools