Topic

11.5 Miles to the Lake

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports 11.5 Miles to the Lake

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Companion forum thread to: 11.5 Miles to the Lake

So here I am again, Harriman State park, at one of my favorite camp sites on the lake. This time I hiked different trails, shorter mileage and had my wife with me…

Dan
    BPL Member

@dan-s

Locale: Colorado

That’s a pretty rugged trail, and a lovely destination. Thanks for posting. I also enjoyed a rare outing with my wife recently. She does like backpacking, but it’s hard to tear her away from her bikes.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Thanks. It was slightly rugged, typical Harriman and New York with all the roots and rocks, gravel and boulders.. the mountains in Harriman are not anything to fret as far as elevation, nothing close to 3000ft at all.. plenty of ups and downs though and as you see in the video, some nice lakes throughout. Usually there are plenty of gushing creeks and streams too, but by mid August,  with little rain a lot of them dry up and are a mere trickle if that.

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Thanks for posting another one – nice that your wife joined you.  I’ve been on the Thruway a couple of times this summer and can’t drive past the Harriman exits without thinking of you and Bob.  Even when I watch your videos I expect to see I-87 in the distance as you look out from the overlooks.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Hahaaa Kevin!! Yes it is Bobs back yard.. and my closest escape to some wilderness for quick overnights. Maybe one day we will cross paths out there!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools