Topic

Cocoon UL 60 Hoody and Pant

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Cocoon UL 60 Hoody and Pant

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

Bozeman Mountain Works
    Cocoon UL 60 Hoody and Pant

Cocoon Hoody (measured wt.: size large wt. 10.5 oz. inside a Bozeman Mountain Works SpinSack NANO Ultralight Stuff Sack Size S)

Cocoon Pant (measured wt.: size large wt. 7.7 oz. inside a Bozeman Mountain Works SpinSack NANO Ultralight Stuff Sack Size S)

Warmth from 68 g/sq. m Polarguard Delta insulation in between Pertex Quantum Mini-Ripstop (1.0 oz./sq. yd.) shell and Pertex Quantum Taffeta (1.0 oz./sq. yd.) lining.

The all-synthetic fabrics allow for added protection because their insulating abilities are barely compromised when wet.

I'm very satisfied with the weight to warmth ratio of both the Hoody and Pant. My use of them for sleeping is with a Jacks R Better No Sniveller quilt and either (1) a Henry Shires Contrail tarptent or (2) a Mountain Laurel Designs Silnylon Pro Poncho tarp with a Bozeman Mountain Works VAPR bivy. Both the Hoody and Pant fit comfortably.

Michael G. Smith
    BPL Member

@mikegsmith

I've owned my UL 60 Hoody since early 2008. It is light and reasonably warm.
    However, the quality of the stitching is deplorable. I've had two stitching failures, one in the hood, and one along the hem at the base of the garment.

I'm very careful with my gear. The Hoody gets used only on backpacking trips, and then only when I'm sitting around camp or lying in my sleeping bag. Since purchase, I estimate that I've worn the Hoody fewer than 20 days (our backpacking trips are in the summer or early fall).

I'm looking for a suitable alternative garment from a manufacturer who will stand behind its equipment.

Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

I have not had any problems with the stitching, and have found the product to be reasonably warm for its very light weight. Pockets might have been nice for handwarming, but if it is really cold, I can wear my windshirt over it, which has a kangaroo pocket. The previous poster may have encountered a bad product run, and might have done better to post the enquiry on a forum. Look at the Montbell UL Thermawrap jacket, 8.8 oz.(M)for comparison-no hood though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools