Topic

Nike Oregon Alti Series Watch

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Nike Oregon Alti Series Watch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

One big fat Sports/Altimeter Watch. This is the stripped down version–no compass ( but like
    most digital compasses-except for some of Suunto’s, Nike’s is not particularly accurate, so small loss).

The pluses– surprisingly accurate Altimeter using an algorithm that compensates for altimeter drift ( I feel this is more accurate than the Suunto and Casio altimeter watches I have used in changing conditions). The shiny metal case gives the watch a badass “I can take the punishment” attitude –which it does,dents and all. Interface is as easy if not easier than any computer watch on the market.
    It even has a thermometer (non-listed feature) which like any one, watch mounted, requires being off your wrist for 1/2 hour to get an accurate reading. Mineral Glass crystal is a hard to scratch plus. I loathe plastic crystals.

Minuses— It’s a big fat heavy watch (nearly 3 1/2 oz. compared to the Suunto X-6’s 1.8 oz.).

I would give this watch (because of weight and lack of fuctional compass) a 3.8. The alti function by itself deserves a 5.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools