Topic

Black Suunto Ambit3 Peak

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Swap Black Suunto Ambit3 Peak

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

I have a used but in like new condition ambit3 peak that i would like to sell. It does not have any marks from use on it and could pass as new. I am happy to take a few photos of it if requested. It functions flawlessly, and has been updated to the newest firmware settings. It comes with the HR strap and charging cable. Item is located in Morrison.

SOLD

Paul Hood
    BPL Member

@sirisaac

Hi Ted,

I have been considering this watch (upgrading from my older suunto).

One thing I have been currious about on this watch is the battery life? Do you find it usable as a normal watch? Or does the charging get in the way? What is the normal usage like?

If your answers make me smile (I am trying not to smile already) I will take it.

I am hoping not to be too bogged down with charging cycles and can use it more than have to charge it.

Thanks!

Paul

James Reilly
    BPL Member

@zippymorocco

Locale: Montana

I have have an Ambit 3 Peak and love it. I use if for all my runs and for multiday hikes. I have not had a problem with the battery life at all. It seems to nail the specs that Suunto claims. Great price too.

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

Paul,

I'm sorry, but someone messaged me and it was sold.

However, to answer your questions, i find that i need to charge it every couple of weeks under normal (non-tracking) use. I have a little usb charger in my car, so i keep the cable in there with it, and when i notice it getting low, i'll charge it, and it'll normally get mostly charged during my 30 minute commute. For extended backcountry use, something like a goal zero guide 10 will give you weeks and weeks of juice, just charge it overnight.

When i'm using it on hikes and climbs, i've found it to be pretty accurate with the 50 hours of battery life they advertise it at. However, the Ambit3 just got a firmware upgrade that is somehow suppose to help the battery last even longer. I haven't really seen much of a difference, but its nice to know that is suppose to last even longer now.

Paul Hood
    BPL Member

@sirisaac

Thanks Ted,

Glad you were able to sell it, just bummed it was not to me.

Anyway, I did not realize the peak model had longer battery life than the sport, so that is the model to get!

Enjoy the rest of the week!

Paul

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Gear Swap’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!