- Jun 16, 2015 at 4:29 am #1329921
James MarcoBPL Member
@jamesdmarcoLocale: Finger Lakes
They finally revamped the old Adventurer with the Opti.
1) Improved battery life – The old unit went through batteries at about 25-30L per set. This was primarily because of leaving the batteries in the unit where a rather high trickle drained them. ALWAYS flip the batteries. The new Oti unit cuts the trickle in half and uses an optical sensor! Far more energy efficient, about 50-70L per set.
2) The Opti uses an optical sensor. The old metal contacts are gone. The optical sensor is no longer subject to some salts in the water. And, it is far more sensitive.
3) The LED on the optical sensor can double as an emergency flashlight.
4) It is about 3.5oz INCLUDING a set of batteries. Significantly lighter than the old unit.
5) The light sequences are the same, but I only learned two. Green at the end of a cycle means Good To Go. Red means dead batteries. I have used it through about 10 sets of batteries and it always works this way.
6) It is still pretty much instant. Well, about 45sec for a bottle of water.
7) No longer does it need another bottle, it fits into a standard gatoraid bottle.
8) Rugged as heck. I dropped mine down a mountain side. After retrieving it, it worked fine.
9) Prefiltering is still required for silty water. But, this is about the same for filters, or, chemicals.
The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.