Topic

Bearpaw Wilderness Design Luna 4

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Bearpaw Wilderness Design Luna 4

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Michael Springer
    Spectator

@mikedspringer

Insanely awesome cuben fiber tent. My last trip I used it as a 2 person tent and there was so much room, it was like staying in a hotel room. Hey! The thing weighs 1 pound 4 ounces, slightly more with netting, so why not? We weathered a few brutal afternoon thunderstorms with strong winds with zero problems.
    It's tall enough to sit up in. It’s great in wind. It’s silly easy to setup. I LOVE this tent!!!
    My son and I set the tent up in 2 – 3 minutes. Stake it. Lash your trekking poles together. Put pole in center… done. You can order a perimeter bug netting (we did) + a full screen door. I’d also add the guy that runs Bearpaw Wilderness Designs will customize his tents for you. I just ordered a fully custom tent from John (not the Luna 4 I'm reviewing now) for considerably less than other similar tents that aren’t custom. I don’t know of another cottage manufacturer out there that does what John does for the price.

In brief, weight – doesn’t really get lower, space – outstanding, easy and fast to setup, outstanding in weather. If you're considering plunking down for a cuben tent, you should take a look.

The only beef I have with the tent is, like all single wall tents, there is condensation on cold nights… or thunderstorms.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools