Topic

Arc’teryx Switchback Shirt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Arc’teryx Switchback Shirt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jeroen Wesselman

@jeroenman

Locale: Europe

Not exactly known for (ultra) lightweight gear this one has won it’s place in my lightweight kit list.
    It’s a stretch windproof, water resistant pull over which is rather tight fitting. It weighs just 8 oz. but is extremly comfortable over a wide range of temperatures. It excells in cool temperatures were the breathing is way better than my GoLite Helios. It feels more comfortable as well.
    On a recent trip in the Swiss Alps I wore it over a Patagonia Silkweight t-shirt in cool, windy and rainy conditions. When there was persistant rain I just added the GoLite Helios and that was it.
    It is made of a very durable stretch material so it is excellent for climbing, backsliding snowslopes, bushwacking and all other abrasive activities.
    Fitting is thight, with no elastic hem or cuffs so putting it on and off can be a little ackward at times. There is one external pocket on the chest which is rather small to be really functional.
    The chest zipper is about 10 inches and is adequate for venting.
    I rate it a 4 out of 5 because of excellent quality, usability and durability. The tight fit makes it not very suitable for layering over many garments.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools