Topic

Loop/attachment system for sleeping bag/quilt conversinon

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Loop/attachment system for sleeping bag/quilt conversinon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richie S
    BPL Member

@landrover

Hi there. I'm looking for a way to add a loop and pad attachment system to an old Western Mountaineering highlife as I convert it to a quilt.

I always found it far too constricting for a good night's sleep, but with a half-zip in place is would seem to be ideal for a conversion to a Katabatic-style quilt system, one that can be zipped up if it really reaches its limit.

If I could sew on some sort of clips in the outside of the zipper it would allow me to make a passable replica when out in the summer.

Does anyone have an ideas as to the best hardware to use, and where where I might find it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Diane “Piper” Soini
    BPL Member

@sbhikes

Locale: Santa Barbara

I sewed plain old gross-grain ribbon loops on my quilt. The plastic hardware (of my GoLite Ultra 20) broke off eventually. The ribbon loops are better. Won't break. My Jacks R Better quilt came with gross-grain ribbon loops, so they know what's good. I just ripped the seams open a little bit, shoved the ribbon ends in there and sewed the seams back shut.

Richie S
    BPL Member

@landrover

Fantastic. Thanks for that. I'll go pick some up tomorrow. I was hoping to get some of the flexibility on the fly that the Katabatic setup has, but maybe that's not going to provide the needed durability given my [lack of] skill level with a needle and thread.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools