Topic

Clikstand S-1

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Clikstand S-1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Glenn Roberts

@garkjr

Locale: Southwestern Ohio

This is a great stove. I originally gave it a 4 because of it’s weight (a little heavy), but a few more uses have convinced me that the extra few ounces definitely earn their way in performance.

The Clikstand stove base is extremely good – head and shoulders above anything else I’ve seen. It assembles quickly, has an above-average pot support that really keeps the pot from skidding around, and may well be the best windscreen out there. Water seems to boil a little quicker than with other alcohol stoves, too. The whole thing (plus matches, an Evernew titanium spoon, and a cleaning cloth) stores neatly in the Evernew Titanium .9L pot with which it was designed to work. A well-crafted, elegantly functional piece of gear.

Now, if it were just made of titanium, I’d gulp hard a couple of times and lay out what would probably be a king’s ransom for the thing, and I’d buy my wife something really nice, as a preemptive measure.

Mike Storesund

@mikes-1

I give this a 5. Granted it may be a little heavier than others, but the design of the pot stand with the stove holder and the windscreen works great with the Evernew 0.9L Titanium Pot.
    You can also use an aluminum can stove in place of the Trangia Stove, just make sure it’s the diameter of a Fosters or similar can.

steve ulrich
    BPL Member

@sulrich

Locale: minnesota

this seemed like a pretty slick design and the compact form factor fit the bill, i had to trim the tabs a little bit to make everything fit inside my clearance priced REI titanium pot, but i have a nice compact unit that's crazy efficient.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools