Topic

Gossamer Gear Air Beam GVP edition

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Gossamer Gear Air Beam GVP edition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Alex Herron
    Spectator

@alexherron

Locale: Front Range

I am giving the shortened torso x-frame marketed by GG a 5 on 2 stipulations. You are the correct shape person, 5-10 or so, and I don't have any leaks in the foreseeable future.

It is more comfortable than a neoair laying on ones back, nothing pushing up against the small of the back. For back sleeping I have it mostly deflated and for side sleeping I inflate it to the max or fold it in half. It is only slightly less comfortable than a neoair when sleeping on ones side. It feels durable and that it will last a long time but I know people have had issues with klymit products in the past but I believe it has to do with getting defective products that can be replaced for quality ones that can last a while… we will see.

I use this with a 1/8 thinlight, considering using this with a 3/8 thinlight instead of my xtherm but I believe the xtherm would be warmer. I have slept with a 20 deg quilt and the GVP and thinlight down to about 35 while being toasty. I think I could get to around 28-30 F with this setup.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools