Topic

FS: Used Ambit2 w/ Heart Rate Strap

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Swap FS: Used Ambit2 w/ Heart Rate Strap

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Locale: Morrison, CO

SOLD

I recently found a nice Ambit3 at the REI garage sale, so i decided to upgrade and resell my personal Ambit2 w/ HR strap.

I purchased it brand new about a year ago, and while it shows that its been worn (minor wear on the front of the watch), its still 100% functional and in very good shape overall. I have had zero issues with it, and it has been updated to the newest firmware. It comes with the heart rate monitor strap and aligator clip charging/transfer cable. See the photo below for showing the condition of the watch.

Ambit2

(Edit: 3/30) – $160 shipped for everything.

(Edit 4/6/15) – Apparently some of my PM's aren't working. My email is [email protected] if you would like to contact me.

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Bump

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Bump

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Bump

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

bump

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

bump

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Bump. Price drop to $160 shipped. The HR strap is $50 by itself, and the whole kit retailed for $500 new when i bought it.

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Bump

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Hey Ted,

What is the longest battery life on this version when you set the GPS to ping at 1 minute intervals? I know Suunto makes a version that claims 30+hrs when set to "ultramarathon" mode.

I'm looking for a watch that can give me 24-30 hrs of use.

Thanks.

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

I would say that it can handle ~50 hours of use on the 1 minute intervals, which is also what Suunto claims. I haven't had it pinging the satellite for that long, but i have taken it on multiple-day trips where it was active and pinging for more than 30 hours over the whole trip, and it still had battery life.

Its fairly easy to recharge in the field too. there are lots of USB chargers out there, and something like a Guide10 battery pack will give you weeks of power.

The 10 second intervals and 1 second intervals use more power, and i haven't found them to be any more accurate unless you're moving very fast. I don't think either of the shorter intervals would allow the battery to last 24+ hours.

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Bump

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

Apparently some of my PM's aren't working.

My email is [email protected] if you would like to contact me.

-Ted

Ted E
    BPL Member

@mtn_nut

SOLD

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Gear Swap’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!