Topic

Camp Fire Back Warmer

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Camp Fire Back Warmer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

here

This looks too heavy for our use but may trigger some lighter alternative ideas from the myog crowd.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

I wonder if that's effective?

Richard May
    BPL Member

@richardm

Locale: Nature Deficit Disorder

How about just a mylar blanket. For a more rigid body use a sleeping pad…. If it's not to risky.

Michael Gunderloy
    BPL Member

@ffmike

You'll still have to get up every two minutes as the smoke shifts into your face. Might as well just stand up and rotate to heat evenly.

Richard May
    BPL Member

@richardm

Locale: Nature Deficit Disorder

>> … stand up and rotate to heat evenly.

Rotisserie hiker. Bear says "Yum!"

Colin McConnell
    Spectator

@nydiver

Locale: Upstate NY

"You'll still have to get up every two minutes as the smoke shifts into your face"

That's why you have to find a left handed smoke shifter. Its the first thing a new scout needs to find at his first campfire. That or stay away from the smoke attractor which is usually your better half :)

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

This winter I was considering setting up a flat tarp behind me to hold the heat but found a rock wall with abit of overhang did the job just fine. Otherwise I think the space blanket or piece of tyvek would be a good idea

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools