Topic

Golite Lair 1

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Reader Reviews Golite Lair 1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Josh Adams

@joshradams

I’ve used the lair 1 for 35 days all over the cascades, and have had nothing but good experiences. It has plenty of room for a solo traveler & gear, and if need be, there’s sleeping room for two. It’s been through numerous nights of rain/hail/sleet/high winds and even some early spring snowstorms, and I’ve always stayed warm and dry inside. It’s easy to pitch (2 min), cheap ($99) and light (12oz). The guy lines are reflective cord and the shelter comes with 9 golite Y stakes, which hold well in loose ground. I’ve never had any seam leakage, thanks to the hydrophilic thread. Over all, quality is excellent, and the lair is my first choice for a solo three season shelter. In mosquito country however, it can be difficult to retain your sanity. The best sollution I’ve found is to seal the perimeter with stones/branches, block the entrance with an umbrella, then light a citronela stick inside.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Reader Reviews’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools