Use this checklist before submitting your article to the Editorial Workflow.
Our editors will screen your article to ensure that these items are completed. If any are missing, your article will be reassigned back to you for revision!
- Did you submit a Story Proposal for the article?
- If not, please do so here.
- Did you receive a Purchase Order for the article?
- Article Style Guide Checklist – Refer to the Manuscript Submission Guidelines
- Minimum 1600 pixels on longest side
- Appropriate captions?
- Photo credit if author is not the image owner?
- Video – 1080p (HD) minimum hosted at either Youtube or Vimeo?
- Audio files in proper format (mp3 preferred)?
- Article organized properly with respect to headings?
- Numbers and units of measure formatted properly?
- Did you include both metric and English units of measure?
- Did you check nomenclature for proper use against our nomenclature guidelines?
- Is punctuation formatted correctly?
- Are your lists formatted correctly?
- Are your author bio and bio photo up-to-date? Visit your Membership Account page and click the Update Author Bio link in the sidebar.
- (For Trip Reports) – Refer to How to Write a Trip Report
- (For Gear Review Articles) – Refer to How to Write a Gear Review Article
- Do you have the required sections based on Flash, Spotlite, or Performance Review?
- (For Gear Guides and State of the Market Reports) – Refer to How to Write a Gear Guide or State of the Market Report
- Do you have the required sections for your article type?
Your attention to these items makes our jobs as editors much easier! It allows us to really focus on improving the production quality of your article!