The Ultralight Beercan Cook Pot and Stove is a nifty cooking system. As Will Rietveld writes about in Performance Comparison Testing of Alcohol Stoves, a cook kit needs to be optimized so all the components work together as a system. Ultralight Outfitters has already done the “test/tweak/repeat” for us with this cook system. The Ultralight Beercan Cook Pot and Stove is designed to burn solid fuel tablets, but for a few more tenths of an ounce you can supply your own alcohol burner to use with it.
What’s unique about this system is that the windscreen, pot support, and fuel tray can be used to convert the beer can cookpot into a double wall mug. Click here to view the Beercan stove in action (946 kb)
(note: Apple Quicktime is required to view this movie, to download please vist Apple).
Features and Specifications
- Weight complete system (no pot lid): 3.8 oz (107 g)
- Weight components (Note: grams listed are as weighed, not converted):
- lip guard: 0.2 oz (7 g)
- Foster’s 25.4 oz beer can with top removed: 0.8 oz (25 g)
- pot stand: 0.5 oz (15 g)
- fuel tray: 0.7 oz (22 g)
- wind screen: 1.3 oz (38 g)
- Material: stainless steel except for silicone rubber lip guard and aluminum beer can
- Burns solid fuel tablets and alcohol (alcohol burner, i.e. soda can stove, not supplied))
- MSRP: $14 (does not include beer can)