The new Ultralight Adventure Equipment (ULA) Relay pack reminds me of the now discontinued GoLite Day Pack. It’s similar, but better in several ways. The volume is 2,100 cubes (35L), which provides plenty of room for an extended day hike or ultralight overnight trip.
Photo: The new ULA Relay daypack has 2,100 cubic inches and weighs 17 ounces. It has an hour glass shape for elbow room.
I especially like its hour glass shape, removable foam backpanel, abundant outside pockets, and durable fabric. The side mesh pockets are classic ULA, and are low enough to reach a water bottle; all are bellowed to provide plenty of room when the pack is stuffed full. The top roll-down closure has an extension collar and is secured with a top strap.
Specifications and Features
- Style: frameless daypack, roll-down closure with top strap
- Pockets: two side and one large front mesh
- Side compression straps: yes
- Shape: Contoured to optimize arm articulation
- Back panel: Foam, removable
- Attachment system: Bungee type, on frontpanel
- Fabrics: Dyneema Gridstop, nylon mesh
- Weight: 17 ounces
- Options: internal stash pocket, hydration sleeve, water bottle holsters, handloops
- MSRP: $99