High Gear continues to expand and improve on their already extensive line of watches with the Alterra altimeter wristwatch. This 2 ounce (56 grams) watch housed in a stainless steel casement with mineral glass crystal represents High Gear’s latest entry in the field. The Alterra supports several advanced features including logbook recording of altitude, graphic display of altitude trends, rate of change of ascent/descent, and an altitude alarm. The watch also packs a barometer, digital compass, chronograph, and ski chrono. Like their other altimeter watches this one also provides basic weather prediction.
In its durable, relatively light, stylish stainless steel case the Alterra further distinguishes itself with a very easy to read display that boost large crisp numbers and a bright reverse EL backlight.
- Weight: 2 ounces (56 grams) with battery
- Altimeter range: -1600 to 29,000 feet (-500 to 9000 meters)
- Water resistant to 5 ATM (50 m)
- Stainless steel case; mineral glass crystal
- Field replaceable battery.