Topic

Wind Rivers Traverse – 90 Miles in Wyoming VIDEO SERIES

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Wind Rivers Traverse – 90 Miles in Wyoming VIDEO SERIES

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Steve H
    Spectator

@sixstringsteve

Locale: Southwest

We recently completed our longest backpacking trip yet – 90 miles in the Wind Rivers Range in Wyoming. What a fantastic place. We made a video series about our adventures. Check them out. I wish I could embed YT videos. Oh well.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Just in case those links don’t work, here’s the link to day 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpIPRXJyXc8&index=7&list=PLWysv3wFKyy7rwoOQsisuzWOk_Z9t-aJY

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

The links work. Very nice with my coffee this morning. Good job. Looking forward to the rest of the videos.

Andy Berner
    BPL Member

@berner9

Locale: Michigan

Great videos.  Really enjoyed them

Brendan Yeager
    BPL Member

@byeager

Locale: New England

Great videos! I am starting to think about a trip for next summer and these helped push the winds up to the top of the list. Looking forward to the next installment.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Awesome videos. I love the Winds and am headed there again this summer.

I am looking forward to the next installment.

John Vance
    BPL Member

@servingko

Locale: Intermountain West

Thanks for the great videos.  I have been going to the Winds since 1975 and they are my favorite range by far.  The Brooks are cool, Patagonia is nice, the Sierras are fine if not a bit too crowded, but the Winds – especially high and off trail – can’t be beat for the combination of accessibility and remoteness at the same time.

I have been on that same route many times in many different conditions and it was fun to go there with you again.

Steve H
    Spectator

@sixstringsteve

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. We’ll get the last 2 days edited soon. Stay tuned, and feel free to subscribe for future videos.

We hope we didn’t sound too negative. It was a big push for us to do 90 miles in 5.5 days, and it was right at the edge of our skill level, which made it exciting, but exhausting at the same time. I’m so glad we were able to visit, it was a great time. Hopefully these videos help someone else who is planning on visiting the range. It’s an incredible place.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Only partway through the videos, but am enjoying the scenery and description from your post-hike wrap-up.  Thanks for sharing!

Tom

Steve H
    Spectator

@sixstringsteve

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone. Here are the final two videos:

Day 5

Day 6

If you dig our videos, join our email list on our website, or subscribe on YouTube, we have many more (and many more coming soon).

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

Great job. Nicely done.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Thanks for sharing.

ed hyatt
    BPL Member

@edhyatt

Locale: The North, Scotland

Brings back some memories – a nice tribute and well executed; I did the High Route – or a version of it – last summer…..want to go back to the Winds – BIG time

Gator Paddler
    BPL Member

@gatorpaddler

Very nice, Steve. I’m glad to stumble upon this. Your YouTube channel and blog should keep me busy for many hours.

Steve H
    Spectator

@sixstringsteve

Thanks Gator, that means a lot

Ben Wortman
    BPL Member

@bwortman

Locale: Nebraska

Steve

Great videos!

If you could go back and “Base Camp” somewhere along your route for 4-5 days,  Where would it be?  I’m planning on going back this year to the winds and want to stay in a smaller area to explore vs covering a ton of miles as we have done in the past.

Thanks

Ben

Steve H
    Spectator

@sixstringsteve

Any of the big lakes would be a great place to base camp (except I’d skip wall lake).

Island lake and cook lakes were my favorite.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools