Topic

Layer with another quilt or a fleece sleeping bag?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Layer with another quilt or a fleece sleeping bag?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sr Al
    BPL Member

@douchepacker

Locale: PNW

I currently have a 20 degree down EE quilt.  For temperatures colder than this I was thinking of layering another quilt, maybe a 40 degree one.  However, could I just achieve the same level of warmth from my coleman fleece bag layered with my quilt?  It would save me some serious dough… I really don’t want to spend a ton of money on another quilt

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

Fleece does not nearly have the same warmth per weight as down, its much heavier. It all depends on how much weight you want to carry. I think it would be worth it to get a summer weight quilt for warm weather and combine it with your 20 degree quilt. These things last a very long time, it’s just the initial investment.

Sr Al
    BPL Member

@douchepacker

Locale: PNW

Justin, would you get a synthetic warm weather quilt for any reason?  Or are you all in on down?  Im pretty much all-in on down, but was thinking of synthetic because its cheaper.

Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Locale: Colorado

Have a read of this : EE Quilts 106

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools