Topic

I want my old profile back

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support I want my old profile back

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bill R
    BPL Member

@billreyn2

So in December when I tried to renew it wouldn’t give my 20 % discont. After numerous unanswered emails and response emails with invalid codes I finally had to subscribe under a new name and profile. I’ve been a long time member and now it appears like I’m new. I written the help desk with no response. Anybody else experience this? If so how was it fixed. Needless to say I’m very frustrated over this whole ordeal.

Kodiak Firesmith
    Spectator

@kodiak

I’ve been trying to get my account sorted for a couple weeks now.  I payed my annual five bucks and I still can’t post new threads.

Whatever nonstandard homebrew forum software BPL uses it seems to be really problematic with account management, and lack of available support staff really compounds these issues.

I don’t have much hope in getting my account fixed if you’ve not gotten a reply in this thread after 8 days.  But at least you can actually start threads :/

Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

Try clearing your cache and cookies ?

Have you you tried filing a ticket ?    While this poorly named forum promises help with admin issues, it’s actually just a place to tell people to go file a ticket and explain this isn’t a forum monitored by BPL to support the issues users are experiencing.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

All of my previous followed threads were dumped, around 30 or more >: (

Cayenne Redmonk
    BPL Member

@redmonk

Locale: Greater California Ecosystem

This isn’t the help desk, if you want help you will have to submit a ticket to BPL.

Travis S
    BPL Member

@tcs

Hey guys,

opposed to creating a new ticket, post, etc. Have any of these issues been resolved since? I’ve been lurking for the past few weeks, and love the forum but…signing up and subscribing was just a plain nightmare. “Not logged in”, etc., etc. Billing address country in my profile, defaulted to Namibia (Africa)? Why exactly do we create a login username, if or username just defaults  Subscription requires a pull/processing from our bank account via paypal? I’ve never subscribed, with re-occuring payments via paypal where pulling from the balance wasn’t an option. And believe me, I had tried.

Sorry, again, new here. Not dumping on it…just…this forum seems to be running on BBPress (wordpress) which isn’t a fully developed forum software (at least the case a year ago when I tested it out). So… I suppose we can chalk a lot of it up to that/limited features (Xenforo a little easier).

Anyways, just curious and possible concerned lol.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools