Topic

G4 vs CDT?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) G4 vs CDT?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kris Sherwood
    BPL Member

@tuskadero

Locale: Washington State

Hi all.  I’m looking at one of these two packs in a small for my daughter.  I have a Gorilla, old Mariposa Plus, and a Circuit.  While I like the Circuit, I have a bit of a preference to GG packs.

I was was wondering people’s opinions on whether to go G4 or CDT?  Any insight and input is appreciated!

Thanks!

kris

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I bought a custom CDT. Made in the USA. ULA are willing to make custom. Choice of straps and fabric. My custom pack shipped out the same day I ordered it.

Lou Z
    BPL Member

@lugee

Locale: Southern California

I use a Conduit (predecessor to the CDT) occasionally and my friend uses a G4.  I have carried both on a few trips.  It really comes down to which hip belt and shoulder strap style your daughter prefers.

CDT has a more “traditional” hipbelt w/ pockets – they are large, and carry well.  The G4s hipbelts are minimalist.  G4 also has the wide shoulder straps, similar to the Gen 2 packs.  G4 allows you to ditch the padding on the straps, so you can stuff it with socks, clothes etc.

My personal preference between the two is the CDT/Conduit, although I appreciate the ability to remove hip belts, padding, etc on the G4.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools