Topic

Browser back button/arrow not behaving

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Browser back button/arrow not behaving

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Locale: Northern California

When on many of the forums, the back arrow on my browser behaves in inconsistent and unpredictable ways. Frequently, one back click leaves me unmoved, & on the same page. Two or more clicks in quick succession may take me back one page, or more. (In slow succession, I stay on the same page).
    I think what’s happening is that a single click is taking me back to a page state before a page ad refreshed, but to me, it’s the same page. Two, or sometimes more, quick back arrow clicks overload, or “beat,” the ad refresh rate, but take me back an unpredictable number of pages.
    Particularly in forums like Gear Swap, or Gear Deals, where one clicks a topic, checks it out, then wants to go back to find the next interesting topic, this site behavior makes for tedious, annoying browsing. Is there a way to turn off ad refreshes? Or turn off ads altogether, as we used to be able to do?

William Kerber
    BPL Member

@wkerber

Locale: South East US

Same here. Also, I’ve started to get a lot of the “Aw Snap” screens.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools