Topic

Alpacka packraft Trade: "ducktail" Fjord Exp for non "ducktail" Fjord Exp

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Packrafting Alpacka packraft Trade: "ducktail" Fjord Exp for non "ducktail" Fjord Exp

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I posted this up on the Gear Swap here and on packrafting.org but I wanted to post it here as well so more packrafters would actually see it. feel free to discuss or ask questions related to the issues I mention.

a couple of years ago I sold an older fjord explorer and later on bought a newer one with the stern “ducktail” or “big butt”. For my use (primarily lake fishing using the oar frame and trolling) I have determined that the older style boat works better for me. I pull to row with the line trailing and the rod resting on my pack on the upturned bow. Theoretically, I can reverse my sitting position since the row frame is centered but the “tail” creates a different space for my legs and gear as well as relocates the skeg underneath me while rowing and negates its purpose.
    With all that said, I am wanting to trade a red “Big butt”/”ducktail” fjord explorer for a non “ducktail” fjord explorer. The boat is in excellent condition and doesn’t have any extra accouterments that will be included besides the seat and backrest. I do not want to sell the boat. I only want to trade it.
    thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is also now for sale for 1050$

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools