Topic

Big Agness Seedhouse SL1 – bigger porch?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Big Agness Seedhouse SL1 – bigger porch?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marcin Moscicki

@turin

For about 2 years now I've been one of thousands satisfied users of SL1, but there's a 'but': I found it miserable in prolonged rain. When it pours constantly day after day and you can't dry your stuff, the fact that you can't enter/leave the tent without letting the rain in, starts really to hurt. Even more disqualifying is that you can't cook inside. For me, it's a great tent for an overnighter or a weekend, or when I go with friends sleeping in a larger tent where we cook together, but for anything else I'll have to find something else.

Know, wouldn't it be nice if Big Agnes made an XT version of this tent, with a small arch pole over the doorway and extended porch, like in mountain hardwear airjet 2 or vaude odyssee ? It shouldn't make it heavier by more then 200g but it would become much more versatile, and still considerably under 1.5kg.

Who would like such a fly? Maybe if enough people get together it would be possible to have it made, or at least petition at Big Sky?

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

If you are going the route of Big Sky, then why not just get one of their existing dome tents — such as their 1-person, 2D2V model? Don't know if BS has truly worked off its persistent non-delivery problems though…

Marcin Moscicki

@turin

Stupid mistake, seen too much posts on Big Sky lately. And they all explain why I chose Big Agnes over Big Sky quite well…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools