Topic

No cook Nutella brownies !

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition No cook Nutella brownies !

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Brian UL

@maynard76

Locale: New England

I was just experimenting with some no-cook recipies and came up with something others might like.
    I was making some "moose goo" which is:
    1 part peanut butter
    2 parts honey
    2 parts whole grain flour or corn flour
    so I thought I would just try it with some nutella and found that nutella cant absorb as much flour as peanutbutter- but if you ad equal parts nutella and flour with 2 parts honey you get a stiff "dough" kinda like Ms. fields brownies.
    Just shape the dough into squares, wrap in plastic wrap or foil and wa-la!
    4 tblsp. Nutella
    4 tblsp. whole grain flour (or 8tblsp.*see Kathleens post)
    8 tblsp. honey (or 4tblsp.*see Kathleens post below)
    add nuts,oatmeal, flax seed ect.to taste.
    * add more flour for a stiffer brownie.
    (THIS WILL MAKE ABOUT 3 SMALL BROWNIES)brownies

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Yum!! That looks really good :-)

Brian UL

@maynard76

Thanks!
    I dont count calories as well as most othere people here and mabey its because I havn't had dinner yet, but after eating 2 of these I feel like running up the walls!
    I used Red Mills 10 grain pancake/waffle mix because thats all I had on hand- dont know what the difference is between pancake mix and just plain olde' flour?
    And remember add more flour if the "brownie" isnt stiff enough- the recipie is just a guide line.

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Wow, man. Those look good and I can't wait to try them!

Todd

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

Those look really good… it's been a while since I made moose goo… nice catch on using nutella instead…

Kathleen B

@rosierabbit

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Speaking from recent, personal experience – actually, I had to lick my fingers clean to type this – I suggest Brian's recipe may benefit from a wee bit of an alteration.

I used 4 TB (also known as 1/4 C for those who don't want to wrestle with the tablespoon) nutella, 4 TB honey, and 8 TB whole wheat flour. The flour and honey amounts are reversed. Those proportions made a nice, soft dough. I threw in some walnuts for crunch.

Then, being compulsive, I made it again with corn flour (not to be confused with cornmeal). This dough was very soft, so rather than add more flour, I added some powdered milk. The stuff does benefit from sitting around while the ingredients adjust to each other. Moose goo powers me up long stretches of steep terrain, and this chocolate version is great! Thanks, Brian!

Brian UL

@maynard76

Kathleen,
    Thanks for the revision,
    I made some more and I too felt that the amount of honey was too much. I edited the recipe in light of your much improved version.
    Thanks!

Worth Donaldson
    BPL Member

@worth

My son thought they were pretty good too!

Brownies

Brian UL

@maynard76

Ha! Im glad other people like 'em
    Note my small edit to the recipe.
    I originally thought the amount of honey was a bit too much and edited the recipe- but after I had one that was in the fridge a couple days and allowed to thaw to room temp the texture and taste seemed greatly improved. Mabey it just needs to sit a little while? So I think the point is really that the amount of honey and flour can vary a lot according to preference. Increase the amount of honey for more simple carbs or increase the flour for more complex carbs ect.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

I made up batch your original way. What I noticed is that in the time it took for me to lay out the plastic wrap, the stuff started setting up! (I was using flour). I have them in the frig right now :-)

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

I make a no-cook fudge in a similar manner – basically replace the honey/flour combination with a confectioners (icing sugar). I do like the sounds of the ones posted here though – nice touch with the almond. ;)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools