Topic

Jacks R Better

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Jacks R Better

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

I pondering the Jacks R Better Old Mtn Rag as a winter ground quilt. I can't afford the Nunatak.

What experience does anyone have with the shell material?

I will be inside a tent but am worried about condensation frost build up on the bag. Apparently in the winter I am a heavy breather. I am talking 0 to 15 degree temps.

Richard Matthews

@food

Locale: Colorado Rockies

48" is wide enough for me when I am not layering under the quilt. It is NOT wide enough when wearing a puffy jacket.

The JRB shell material is very down proof, breathes well and water beads.

First class materials and quality construction. I would be concerned whether it will be wide enough for you.

Gordon Dunn

@egads

Locale: South East

JRB has the new Katahdin 3.5" loft 61" wide winter quilt available for those (like me) who prefer a wider quilt when sleeping on the ground.

They also have the versatile Rocky Mountain quilt 3.5" loft with a head hole like the No Sniveller

Egads

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools