Topic

Camp 7 Sleeping Bag Retro

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Camp 7 Sleeping Bag Retro

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX
    James D Buch
    BPL Member

@rocketman

Locale: Midwest

I have an "new with tags" Camp 7 15 degree Frontier Long bag that I have been wondering what to do with it.

Maybe I will list it on eBay too. Unless the selling price is so low that it isn't worth bothering.

Jim

Melody Blackmore

@mblackmore

Hey, we have an old bag and we're trying to figure out what the rating originally was or any of the specs. We can barely read the tag, but have made out "North Col" and it's down.
    Thanks!

Ed Engel

@doorknob

Locale: West of what you think is west

I still have and use one of these. Must be over 30 years old.

Ed Engel

@doorknob

Locale: West of what you think is west

I still have one of these bags. I think I got it in 1976. Still works fine.

Craig S Stewart

@cstewart

Locale: Southwest Germany

I too had one of these purple bags in a regular length. It was definitely called the North Col. It weighed 3 lb, 4 oz and was temperature rated at -5 F. Very unique as it did not have a draft tube but instead extended the baffles over to cover the zipper.

Valerie Gibson

@valerieg

I just bought two of these at a thrift store in a stuff bag mis-marked tent. I only paid $6 for both! I can't find them anywhere online! These are down filled, rectangle shape, 6'6" in length with a pull cord at the opening. What is the dual zipper feature down by the feet? What is the temp rating for these? Thanks!

Alex H
    BPL Member

@abhitt

Locale: southern appalachians or desert SW

I still have both the North Col and the Arete (25*), bought them in 1972, still in great shape after nearly 40 years!. Great bags, back in the early 70's they were the WM of sleeping bag makers. I lend mine out to friends who don't have decent bags. I tried to get the Arete re-filled with 800 fill down but no one would do it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools