Topic

Trek Tech Staffs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Trek Tech Staffs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

If you haven't seen Trek-Tech's line, check them out!
    http://www.trek-tech.com/

I met the guys at Trails Fest here in Seattle this summer (they were next to my booth) but it wasn't till a couple weeks ago as a birthday gift I got my husband an order.

I got him the Trek Pod II (it comes with all the mounts needed) and the side mount kit. They were extra cool and threw in the travel case since we had met at the show.

Anyhoo, Kirk used it when we were in Glacier last week. We met another guy up at Logans Pass with one also, who loved his as well.

It works as both a monopod, hiking staff and a tripod. The mounts are pretty cool-they work with magnets, and yet, they hold very well.

Sam .

@samurai

Locale: NEPA

I'm betting these things drive a compass nuts!

Seth Lyon

@eaglescout

Read the gear review for the Titanium Goat adjustible pole that works also as a monopod at:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/reviews/display_reviews?forum_thread_id=2768&cat=Trekking%20Poles&cid=56

Miguel Marcos

@miguelmarcos

Locale: Middle Iberia

The fact that it's a decent or good tripod *and* you can pack it small for traveling is pretty good though it's not very light. Anybody used one in the field yet?

Miguel Marcos

@miguelmarcos

> Anybody used one in the field yet?

I meant anybody else? Would love to see a review, too.

Miguel Marcos

@miguelmarcos

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

It isn't super light, but I can say it is a LOT lighter than the tripod my husband used to carry. On most trips I carry pretty much everything while Kirk carries his camera gear. With the Trek Staff he can actually carry water now ;-) My back is happy over that!

Robert Devereux
    Spectator

@robdev

Locale: Pittsburgh, PA

I just got a SLR, and I'm trying to find options for camera mounts. I've been leaning towards either the TrekPod or a Luxury Lite Survival Stick.

The SS is a lot lighter but it's a monopod. the TrekPod is heavier, but it works as a tripod also. I've never used a monopod, so I'm not sure how useful one will be for me. The tripod mechanism is something that worries me a bit, due to the velcro closure. It also makes me wonder how well it will stand up to abuse. Are there any comments on this?

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

My husband has abused his Trek and it is holding up well.

The worst that would happen with the Velcro is you have to replace it, which wouldn't be hard.

Btw, have you seen their newer, lighter version they brought out? It is designed for taking on airlines.

Robert Devereux
    Spectator

@robdev

Locale: Pittsburgh, PA

Thanks Sarah.

I saw some info on the new TrekPod, but I haven't actually seen one yet.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Kirk wants the new one..he was a bit bummed that right after I got him the Trek, the new one came out. Ah well!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools