Topic

Golite Sun Dragon Shoes $51.95

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Golite Sun Dragon Shoes $51.95

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet

REI has these on sale for $64.93. There is currently a 20% off coupon that is applicable to sale items also. With this coupon the shoes come out to $51.95. Coupon is good till Sept 16.

You must be a member to use the coupon. If your local REI does not carry the shoes then go to REI.com

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

These are probably from the first batch that had the weak upper cloth.
    Unless you are doing anything other than light trail hiking, I would strongly not recomend getting these.

The new batch out will fix the problem.

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Yes- my pair were from the first batch and they split right across the forefoot on top. Golite has been really cool with the warranty though- no issues there. But if they blow in the middle of a big hike, well no warranty will help you there…

Jon Rhoderick
    BPL Member

@hotrhoddudeguy

Locale: New England

EMS is selling them till the end of the night too!

I gots me some spike tails

D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet

I bought a pair last weekend. How does one tell if they are from the first or second batch? I heard about the problems with the early ones but assumed that stuff selling now would be the new ones.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

I just sent back a pair to Zappos yesterday due to fitment problems. Right foot felt great but on the left the plasticy stuff on the lower sides pinched my pinky toe when I stood on my toes. Of course I also had to send back the Inov8 Terrocs due to rubbing on my inner ankle joint also on the left foot. I can't find shoes that fit my feet to save my life.

Ryan Krause

@rmkrause

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Hey Chris – have you tried a rubbing bar? It'll stretch problematic spots in boots. Stores such as REI, EMS, etc should have one or a bootfitter. I've had boots that rubbed my little toes or big toes but worked wonderfully after getting stretched a little.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

I haven't but I don't think it would've fixed this…seemed more like a design flaw.The shoe actually creased and pushed in so much that it pinched my toe.

Jon Rhoderick
    BPL Member

@hotrhoddudeguy

Locale: New England

Little sizing tip, they come in whole sizes, if your on the cusp i think it would be wise to size down, like i didn't. The spike tails definatly are intersting though, the scree collar is really tight and has a nice non movable tongue, so no more stuff caught in my shoes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools