Topic

VB pants and shirt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Winter Hiking VB pants and shirt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    nategfunk
    Spectator

@jegsmith-2

I have been toying with the idea of sewing up a pair of vapor barrier pants and shirt out of silnylon. I envision using them for sleeping and resting around camp. Are their patterns available for generic pants and a shirt? I thought about finding some cheap long sleeve shirts and pants that fit me to use as a pattern after ripping their seams? Will this work?

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> Are their patterns available for generic pants and a shirt
    Try pyjamas or track suits.

Andy Rad

@andy_radhp-com

Locale: Idaho

I've used Brawney Gear silnylon pants just during the Spring, Fall, and Winter as VB. They add a few degrees to my 32F sleeping bag during fall and spring. Need to just stay cool enough to not perspire. http://www.trailquest.net/brawnygear.html

I might have a VB top in Large I might be willing to sell. I'll have to find the manf name.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

You might also look at the uniforms patterns (for health care workers). The patterns for that are simple to make, and very boxy in design. And as noted, pj bottoms patterns work well also (or also called 'lounge pants'). Look at the Unisex section in the pattern catalogs.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I bough an EXTRA LARGE (I'm size large) pajama pattern years ago to make a white light synthetic fleece camo hunting suit. Worked great. I even made a velcro-on hood.

Eric

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools