Topic

Lazr titanium tent pegs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daryl Glover

@trekt

Locale: Mornington Peninsula

Hi eveyone. I have just purchased these pegs with hard ground in mind but would like to know anyone's experiences using them in soft, sodden ground, do they hold or should I use my fatter aluminium pegs?

cheers

daryl

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> anyone's experiences using them in soft, sodden ground,
    Well, they are going to pull through 'soft, sodden ground' a bit, but is that really what you will be camping on?

I found they gripped quite well when pushed into clumps of grass, even in 'wet' ground. I also found that a 'wet' surface does not always mean the soil is really soft further down. So I stomp on the peg (with care of course) so it is right into the ground, and have not really ever had a problem. Getting the peg back out … well, try having a spare peg to hook it with!

Daryl Glover

@trekt

thanks Roger. Tasmania is where I'll be hiking & it's known for it's rainfall etc so there's not always a lot of choice for a dry campsite they tell me.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Daryl

> Tasmania is where I'll be hiking & it's known for it's rainfall etc so there's not always a lot of choice for a dry campsite they tell me.
    Yeah, it has been known to rain there … :-)
    OK, more specific locale. Hum – I would be tempted to take half Ti wires and half larger (longer) Al pegs for Tassie.

Daryl Glover

@trekt

Yeah thanks mate. I have the OEM Al' pegs that came with the tent. They are about 150mm or so long. I'll see if I can get some longer ones next week when I'm at my regular haunt.

Daryl

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

I made my own 6" Ti pegs out of the BPL ti rod (it think they are the same diameter as the lazr), and I bring half of each…the big aluminum ones for my main tie-outs, and then the little guys for the areas of less stress. However, they do stay better then you think.

Daryl Glover

@trekt

thanks Steve. 50/50 sounds the go.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools